Old Magazine House, Dandeli
A place to just be. Catch your breath. Learn more about nature and get away from the mad rush. The Old magazine brings to mind rustic, old-world, classic roughing it. And it’s exactly that. The camp is surrounded by thick forest and you can be sure of spotting the jungle’s rare and vibrant avian denizens. The Old Magazine House is less about what you can see and more about what you can do. And there’s a lot of the latter.
- Duration2 days
- Group Size2 to 10
Breathe in the jungle. Take in its sounds. And become one with it. A perfect place to perch for the night while exploring the magical forests of Dandeli, the camp is located in an area of the forest which is not open to the general public. Pick and choose from various activities like trekking, kayaking and even river rafting. Treks are a great way to check out the winged denizens. The Malabar Grey Hornbill, the Malabar Pied Hornbill, flycatchers, orioles, babblers, etc. are commonly spotted here. After a long day of adventurous activities, the dinner on the terrace above the Magazine House is a treat. The stars are surreally bright, with no pollution coming between you and them. The ambience of the dining area is all wood and comfort. If that doesn’t cut it for you, you have your meals by the campfire.
- Lunch, Dinner & Breakfast
- Guided Trekking
- Jungle/Boat safari at extra cost
- Forest entry charges and GST 18%.
- Everything not mentioned in Inclusion.
Day 1 :Click here to expand
12:30 Noon : Check In with welcome drink.
01:30 PM – 02:30 PM : Lunch
04:00 PM – 04.15 PM : Tea / Coffee
04:30 PM – 06.30 PM : Guided Hiking/Bird Watching
07:00 PM – 07:30 PM : Veg Snacks/Soup
07:30 PM – 08:30 PM : Campfire
08:30 PM – 09:30 PM : Dinner
Day 2 :Click here to expand
06:00 AM : Wake up call
06:30 AM – 06.45 AM : Tea/coffee
07:00 AM – 08.30 AM : Guided Nature Walk/Bird Watching
08:30 AM – 09:30 AM : Breakfast
09:30 AM – 10:30 AM : Coracle ride
11:00 AM : If you must leave, we look forward to your next visit – stress gets very lost in these parts. ?For those interested in white-water rafting, we suggest that they spend the morning of the second day in this activity. To explore Dandeli’s forests, its various interesting sights and the?adventure activities the place has to offer, we highly recommend you stay for two or more nights in the Camp.
The Old Magazine House offer dormitory facilities, with semi-private cubicles. With bunk beds which provide for four people to a bed.
Dormitory - Weekday : Rs.2527 - Weekend : Rs.2973
Room - Weekday : Rs.3550 - Weekend : Rs.4177
Chalet (Wooden Cottage) - Weekday : Rs.4092 - Weekend : Rs.4814
- Seasonal hike applicable on above tariff
- Tariffs are per person per night on twin-sharing basis(For single occupancy 30% extra).
- Cottage- Bed and Breakfast package at Rs. 1,900.00 Per person
- Tariffs are per person per night on twin-sharing basis.
- Transfers to & from our resorts are not included in the tariff.
- Single occupancy charges are applicable.
- Tariff for children (accompanying parents) between 5 and 12 years is 50% discount on the tariff.
- Tariff May be changed without prior notice.
- Dress for comfort. Do avoid bright colours and stick to muted shades of green, black, grey and brown. The more you meld with the background, the better.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Avoid smoking - anything can start a forest fire.
- You'll be spending a lot of time outdoors. Don't forget your hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, torch, etc.
- Avoid plastics. We're really trying to cut down on plastics.
- Don't put perfume while going to safari.
- PETS ARE STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED
Life is unpredictable and we understand that sometimes you have to cancel or change your trip dates and it is our endeavor to make it as easy as possible for you. However, please understand that we plan everything including guide fees, permits, accommodation and ration in advance. Therefore, any cancellation means inconvenience and certain losses to the people involved in various stages of the program. Keeping that in mind, our cancellation charges are as below,
- Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the event: Full refund as cash.
- Cancellations between 30 days and 15 days to the start of the event: 50 % refund as cash.
- Cancellations less than 15 days to the start of the event: No refund.
- Cancellations will be accepted only by email.
Note: We reserve the right to cancel a program before departure in the event of logistical problems arising due to natural calamities, strikes, wars or any other circumstances that make the event inadvisable. In this case, we will refund 50% of the event fees.
Ranthambore National Park is considered to be the most famous park in North India. Not only Rajasthan, but tourists also come from several corners of the world to see the beauty of the forest, thisRead