Kyathadevara Gudi Wilderness Camp
The Biligiri Ranganna Hills (B R Hills) is elusive as much as it is beautiful. A hill range that’s stood sentinel since time immemorial, being where the Western Ghats meets the Eastern Ghats, it gets its name from the temple that stands tall on a high precipice. An enigma of a destination, B.R. Hills is the place for those with a deep love for the wild. Surrender your jarred nerves and car-horn accustomed ears for bird song and the whispering of the trees. It happens at the Kyathdevaraya Gudi Wilderness Camp.
- Duration2 days
- Group Size2 to 10
The Kyathadevara Gudi Wilderness Camp opens up an opportunity for you to get up close and personal with nature. Like the name suggests, it’s everything you can expect out of a camp. It spells adventure and speaks the code of the jungle: respect everything around you. The B.R.T. Wildlife Sanctuary lives up to its name and spotting wildlife is the star attraction in these parts. This is elephant, gaur, tiger, and leopard terrain. The forests are teeming with over 250 species of birds, including the velvet-fronted nuthatch, gold-fronted chloropsis, blossom-headed parakeet and the malabar whistling thrush – so it’s highly unlikely you’ll ever get enough of this place. Jeep rides into the forests with naturalists to point out anything you’ve missed is part of the programme. We go out twice into the jungle in the jeep – once at dawn and once just before dusk falls. B.R. Hills is also a destination that can be explored on foot. Evenings are relaxed: you can opt for a campfire (not available in summers and rains) or watch a wildlife movie in the audio-visual room, and unwind. Dinners are served at the Gol Ghar in typical JLR-style: a group buffet affair. If you plan on staying a little longer with us, a trip to B.R. Hill’s can be arranged for. A visit to the mystical Biligiri Ranganathaswamy Temple which teeters on the edge of a cliff is a must. Sloth bears, wild dogs, barking deer, spotted deer, wild boars, Malabar giant squirrels and an entire host of wild animals, perhaps, might persuade you to stay a while. As camp is situated in the vicinity of the tiger reserve, liquor is strictly prohibited in the campus. **Note:** Electricity is not available throughout the day and night, it is available for 45 min before the morning safari, 2-3 hours during evening from 06:30 PM to 10:15 PM only.
- Stay - Lunch, Dinner & Breakfast - Jeep safari into BRT Wildlife Sanctuary - Guided Nature Walk (can opt in place of morning safari) - Forest entry charges and GST 18%.
- Everything not mentioned in Inclusion.
Day 1 :Click here to expand
- 12:30 Noon : Check in. Revel in the beauty and the crisp air of BR Hills - 01:30 PM – 02:30 PM : Lunch. After all those winding roads, there’s nothing like delicious food to recharge your low energy levels. - 03:30 PM : Prepare for your jungle adventure. But first, a cup of tea or coffee - 04:00 PM – 06:30 PM : Our naturalists take you in the jeep to the jungle. Along the ups and downs of the forest paths, encounter gaur families, herds of elephants, bears, or a leopard perched on a tree.? - 06:45 PM : Learn about the laws of the jungle through others’ experiences. A wildlife film show at the Maharaja’s Hunting Lodge is just about that - 08:30 PM – 09:30 PM : Dine around the cozy campfire at the Gol Ghar.
Day 2 :Click here to expand
- 06:00 AM : One can hardly call the song of hill mynas an alarm. But that’s what you wake up to. A cup of tea or coffee, perhaps, to perk you up? - 06:30 AM – 08:30 AM : Go forth once again, on yet another jeep ride into the depths of the jungle. You just might encounter a tiger or a sloth bear. - 08:30 AM – 09:30 AM : Breakfast at Gol Ghar. A rather pleasant affair, when you get to take in the natural ambience of the place. - 11:00 AM : If you must leave, we look forward to your next visit to discover the yet unexplored secrets of these hills.
The camp can accommodate thirty to forty guests at a time and offers scope for some rather imaginative get togethers or conferences. The camp comprises tented cottages, log huts and well-furnished rooms at the Maharaja’s Hunting Lodge. **Room** - **Weekday** : **Rs.6570** - **Weekend** : **Rs.7504** **Tented** **Cottages** - **Weekday** : **Rs.7292** - **Weekend** : **Rs.8354** **Suite** **Room** - **Weekday** : **Rs.9278** - **Weekend** : **Rs.10690** **Deluxe** **Room** - **Weekday** : **Rs.7292** - **Weekend** : **Rs.8354** **Loghut** - **Weekday** : **Rs.9278** - **Weekend** : **Rs.10690** - Seasonal hike applicable on above tariff - Tariffs are per person per night on twin-sharing basis(For single occupancy 30% extra). - Cottage- Bed and Breakfast package at Rs. 1,900.00 Per person - Tariffs are per person per night on twin-sharing basis. - Transfers to & from our resorts are not included in the tariff. - Single occupancy charges are applicable. - Tariff for children (accompanying parents) between 5 and 12 years is 50% discount on the tariff. - Tariff May be changed without prior notice.
- Dress for comfort. Do avoid bright colours and stick to muted shades of green, black, grey and brown. The more you meld with the background, the better. - Wear comfortable walking shoes. - Avoid smoking - anything can start a forest fire. - You'll be spending a lot of time outdoors. Don't forget your hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, torch, etc. - Avoid plastics. We're really trying to cut down on plastics. - Don't put perfume while going to safari. - PETS ARE STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED
Life is unpredictable and we understand that sometimes you have to cancel or change your trip dates and it is our endeavor to make it as easy as possible for you. However, please understand that we plan everything including guide fees, permits, accommodation and ration in advance. Therefore, any cancellation means inconvenience and certain losses to the people involved in various stages of the program. Keeping that in mind, our cancellation charges are as below, - Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the event: Full refund as cash. - Cancellations between 30 days and 15 days to the start of the event: 50 % refund as cash. - Cancellations less than 15 days to the start of the event: No refund. - Cancellations will be accepted only by email. Note: We reserve the right to cancel a program before departure in the event of logistical problems arising due to natural calamities, strikes, wars or any other circumstances that make the event inadvisable. In this case, we will refund 50% of the event fees.
Ranthambore National Park is considered to be the most famous park in North India. Not only Rajasthan, but tourists also come from several corners of the world to see the beauty of the forest, thisRead