Hampi Heritage & Wilderness Resort
Hampi better known as the world’s largest open air museum, after all these centuries testifies to the glory of the Vijayanagara Empire. The still-standing monuments, with their carefully articulated design and sculpture, pay tribute to the opulence and grandeur. The iconic Stone Chariot and the legendary musical pillars within the Vijaya Vittala Temple: which, as the legend goes, was built for Lord Vishnu himself and the ancient Virupaksha Temple which is believed to have hosted the betrothal of Lord Shiva and Parvati; and countless other monuments steeped in history are what stand as background to the Hampi Heritage & Wilderness Resort.
- Duration2 days
- Group Size2 to 10
With a renowned World Heritage Sites as a backdrop, the Hampi Heritage & Wilderness Resort is a rather popular JLR property. Located at the edge of the Daroji Sloth Bear Sanctuary, the rugged terrain which is a natural habitat for the sloth bears, offers the element of adventure to this JLR experience. The scrub covered stark landscape gives a completely different dimension to the word rustic.
There’s plenty to do at the Hampi Heritage & Wilderness Resort. In addition to seeing sloth bears in their natural habitat from a watchtower perched atop a hillock, if you’re lucky, you just might spot wild boars, black-naped hares, pangolins, porcupines, jackals and leopards. The 8 km drive into the forest is also a good opportunity to spot the avian residents of the area including countless peafowl, spur fowl, yellow-throated bulbuls, sand grouse, quails, sirkeer malkohas and stone-curlews. The sloth bear safari notwithstanding, temple trails, nature walks, and bird watching are some of the other activities.
Mornings are best spent covering the heritage sites at Hampi which is broadly divided into the Sacred Centre, the Royal Centre, Urban Core and Suburban sites. Across the River Tungabhadra lies Anegundi, known as Kishkinda in the Ramayana with its old-world charm – quaint houses, aqueducts irrigating its paddy fields and mythological milestones. The Sloth Bear Sanctuary is also a good place to set up base and explore the magnificent heritage at Badami, Aihole and Pattadakal – a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
At the end of the day, retire to a delicious dinner. Believe us, even on your third day with us, you’ll still have only covered a part of all the wonders that are accessible from the resort.
- Dinner & Breakfast
- Jeep Safari
- Visit to Hampi
- Forest entry charges and GST 18%.
- Everything not mentioned in Inclusion.
Day 1 :Click here to expand
- 12:30 Noon : Check-in, welcome drink (Early check-in @ 7.00 AM is available subject to availability.
- 01:30 PM : Lunch
- 03:00 PM : Tea/coffee/juice
- 03:30 PM : Jeep Safari to Daroji Wildlife Sanctuary
- 07.30 PM : Screening of a documentary film
- 08.30 PM : Campfire followed by dinner.
Day 2 :Click here to expand
- 06:00 AM: Wake up call, tea/coffee
- 08:00 AM : Breakfast
- 08:30 AM : Leave for Hampi
- 09:00 AM : Visit Hampi including the VirupakshaTemple, Hemakuta Hill, Monolithic Lakhsmi Narasimha, Krishna Temple, Badavilinga and Hampi Bazaar
- 10.30 AM : Return to resort
- 11:00 AM : Check-out.
The resort has twin-bed cottages equipped with modern amenities spread across the 33-acre property. Each cottage with attached bath has its very own porch with a view of the property. The cottages, with thatched roofs, are built to meld with the general ambience of the resort, which is rustic and natural. The resort shares a fence with the Daroji Bear Sanctuary, and special efforts have been taken to preserve the surrounding vegetation and grasslands, which are a habitat to many birds.
Cottages - Weekday : Rs.4690 - Weekend : Rs.5450
Special Cottages - Weekday : Rs.7630 - Weekend : Rs.8900
Day Visit - Weekday : Rs.1770 - Weekend : Rs.1770
- Seasonal hike applicable on above tariff
- Tariffs are per person per night on twin-sharing basis(For single occupancy 30% extra).
- Cottage- Bed and Breakfast package at Rs. 1,900.00 Per person
- Tariffs are per person per night on twin-sharing basis.
- Transfers to & from our resorts are not included in the tariff.
- Single occupancy charges are applicable.
- Tariff for children (accompanying parents) between 5 and 12 years is 50% discount on the tariff.
- Tariff May be changed without prior notice.
Life is unpredictable and we understand that sometimes you have to cancel or change your trip dates and it is our endeavor to make it as easy as possible for you. However, please understand that we plan everything including guide fees, permits, accommodation and ration in advance. Therefore, any cancellation means inconvenience and certain losses to the people involved in various stages of the program. Keeping that in mind, our cancellation charges are as below,
- Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the event: Full refund as cash.
- Cancellations between 30 days and 15 days to the start of the event: 50 % refund as cash.
- Cancellations less than 15 days to the start of the event: No refund.
- Cancellations will be accepted only by email.
Note: We reserve the right to cancel a program before departure in the event of logistical problems arising due to natural calamities, strikes, wars or any other circumstances that make the event inadvisable. In this case, we will refund 50% of the event fees.
Ranthambore National Park is considered to be the most famous park in North India. Not only Rajasthan, but tourists also come from several corners of the world to see the beauty of the forest, thisRead